Next Steps: TODO

^what abrar said, I’m usually on every night (although its probably pretty late for everyone else) but the earliest I would be able to come on would be Mon/wed after 6pm PST

2 cents

The sisters forum never really caught on. Mainly because we didn’t have enough sisters to keep it active. But I think it should be created once\if there is momentum with sisters joining the forum again. In the end, there will be maters that they want to discuss privately, you will just need a sister that can moderate it.

In regards to the mumble, I think its required. We had some good times on mumble. It fosters community through voice in a way that chat cant achieve.

The difficulty, as with everything online, is moderating it.

In regards to the Muslim game developers thing, I would put my vote as Muslim game developers. Purely for the reason being I personally would want to see more Islamic games, but if a Muslim developer makes a game in which its first priority isn’t deen, it should still get MG’s support.

If any of you remember there was a point and click adventure game from a Malaysian brother. It was greenlighted and requested our support. I reviewed it, supported it on our steam group, forums etc and it got the votes and went onto steam later. It didn’t have any deen related topics but it was good that in some way MG helped a Muslim developer. So yes, we definitely support and encourage Islamic values in games , but we want to support Muslim game developers in general.

2 Likes

+1 for Muslim game developers and Muslim games. That’s the bait Gengis used to lure me here, and that’s the main reason I’m still here.

The end of Ramadan is upon us. Make some duas for MG. Pray that we

• Head in the right direction with the right vision,

• Bring comfort and strength to the Ummah,

• Either grow fast at a manageable pace, or crash and burn if we’re harming the Ummah.

Or I guess in general, pray that we make the right decisions haha. >.<

1 Like

Im sorry but…its…pace* (20 character limit shtuff)

Edit: Ameen. lol.

1 Like

Alright folks… we need to decide remaining rules.
@everyone I hereby propose a meeting at 6PM CST on discord where we shall talk and decide upon the remaining rules. use this awesome timezone site to see if you can make it. I will likely be on from 6PM till like 12AM or even later depending on how long these discussions go. So better late than never. However dont take this as a license to waste my time… thats not cool folks.

I want to open the flood gates before August inshallah. That means open registrations, and an email blast to everyone who had an account on the old MG forums.

As of right now, yall are free to invite whoever

@gengis we need to talk, you should get on too if you can.

Does @ + Everyone work to call everyone? Cuz I didnt get the memo. Also, cant meet tonight til after maybe maghrib. Anyway though, if you guys did meet, what was the outcome?

awww… it didnt work… though I also realized I didn’t specify a day… anyways. Lets try this again.

@roketfiq @ashes999 @BloodMoney @asad3ainjalout @Wulf @m.zahid333
I hereby propose a meeting on Wednesday (2016-07-20) 6PM CST on discord where we shall talk and decide upon the remaining rules. use this awesome timezone site to see if you can make it. I will likely be on from 6PM till like 12AM or even later depending on how long these discussions go. So better late than never. However dont take this as a license to waste my time… thats not cool folks.

I want to open the flood gates before August inshallah. That means open registrations, and an email blast to everyone who had an account on the old MG forums.

As of right now, yall are free to invite whoever you want…

@gengis we need to talk, you should get on too if you can.

1 Like

lol yea I got it this time. The meeting is now on my calendar for tomorrow at 6p CST.

1 Like

I probably can’t make it. Please appoint someone to take meeting minutes (even if it’s just high-level notes) and post that back here for the benefit of those of us who aren’t around at that time.

1 Like

Inshallah the results of our discussion will be posted here, and in all the relevant places. By that I mean we will populate the rules page, and the FAQ page, and the TOS page and all that inshallah.

Idk if this is the right place to ask (sorry if it isn’t) but is there an option on this forum to have colored text? Our DnD games need it…

Colored text, tables, an awesome way to imbed an interactive sheet of some sort.

I bet there is. Some sort of pluggin for advanced editing and such. Isnt this HTML or CSS code friendly?

bold

Yup. It is…:smiley:

1 Like

So what’s there left to do?

Blood, you probably already know, but for the others: @AbrarSyed has told me that we’re going to launch and let the community form itself. Abrar, please clarify.

I will, once I talk to gengis.

Thanks for getting this done. I was seamlessly redirected to muslimgamer.com from the old site.

You are not kidding.
I didn’t even notice the change in URL until I saw your message just now.

How could you not notice? You have to log in again :slight_smile: